Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Midnight Blue

Options
  • 21-12-2016 4:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello, I am looking for a discontinued Games Workshop paint called Midnight Blue.

I have a large Space Marine army and Midnight Blue is the main color I use for them. However since GW has discontinued it years ago, I've had to ration the little amount i had left. That little amount is almost gone now so I am reaching out for anyone that has any old pots of midnight blue left that they would be willing to part with. Any amount that is in good condition will do, be they full, half, or less. Please let me know if you do and we can try sort something out, it would be a huge help for me.

Thanks

(Just an extra note, I have searched every other brand of model paint including all those on the paint comparison chart from dakka dakka, and have not yet found a match. Also none of the new Citadel paints are even close to a match to the old midnight blue so no need to suggest I try those, thank you)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Bob Bob

could you not bring it to one of those paint mixing places and get them to colour match it in an acrylic paint?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ArcaneMarine

Would the quality and consistency of paint from those places be as good as the Games Workshop paints?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Bob Bob

If its consistency is off then it is something that can be worked with by thinning the mixture out. But in terms of quality, yea its good quality.

One advantage would be that you have more than you'll ever need so it would allow you to experiment a little if the consistency or texture is a little off. Odds are it will be a little thicker than you are used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Is that the blue of the Ultra Marines? I'm not sure if I still have the paints, if I do I'd expect I'd have a couple of those as I had a fairly large 4K Epic Ultra Marine force. Will check after Christmas and let you know, i keep meaning to dig it all out anyways and stick it up on eBay.

Advertisement