Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Coach early morning M7 service - reliability?

Options
  • 20-12-2016 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any experiences with Dublin Coach's very early morning M7 services?

I am looking to get their 1am service from Tralee, which is suppose to get me to Dublin airport at 5.25am (with a short change at the Red Cow). Hoping to catch a 7.30am flight, travelling hand luggage only.

It's a bit riskier than what I would normally go for but a one way car rental is over priced and a train to Houston the evening before with a hotel nearby seems to be equally painful (train change at Mallow, bus/taxi to the airport, shuttle bus to the hotel, shuttle bus back).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

I regularly use the N7( Portlaois -- Airport) route one for work in the Airport and always take the earlier bus due to the frequent break downs of the older 04 Coaches. If you are taking the 1am Tralee bus if its a newer bus it should be ok. That time of the morning you will miss any of the traffic so delays should be limited.They have regular either Dundrum or N7 coaches running to the Airport from Red Cow so it should be safe to get. You will realistically get into the coach park between 530 - 545am it usual runs a little behind, but like i said you can always get the Dundrum-airport service that runs between the N7 coaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

JeffK88, thanks for that!

Took it and all worked out fine.

I was surprised at the number of people on the 1am service from Tralee.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

embraer170 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experiences with Dublin Coach's very early morning M7 services?

I am looking to get their 1am service from Tralee, which is suppose to get me to Dublin airport at 5.25am (with a short change at the Red Cow). Hoping to catch a 7.30am flight, travelling hand luggage only.

It's a bit riskier than what I would normally go for but a one way car rental is over priced and a train to Houston the evening before with a hotel nearby seems to be equally painful (train change at Mallow, bus/taxi to the airport, shuttle bus to the hotel, shuttle bus back).

I was waiting for the 1am from Ennis at Bunratty at the start of November and it never showed up... Be wary of Dublin coach

I was waiting for the 1am from Ennis at Bunratty at the start of November and it never showed up... Be wary of Dublin coach

Did you ever contact them to find out what their excuse was for the coach not showing up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

The have an unusual habit of cancelling services at extremely last minute notice. Normally the Cork-Waterford-Dublin service. But the N7 service is usually fine

Advertisement