Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No 4g

Options
  • 19-12-2016 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭

Just bought a second hand s5 from cex , the phone itself is perfect but I'm not getting any 4g and it seems to be eating my data as well , any idea why ?

If I hold my finger down on mobile data there's no option for 4g either a shown in picture

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Lte is for all intents and purposes 4g. Might be a non Irish Samsung you picked up hence lte mentioned in the network options as opposed to 4g. Have you done a speed test to see what speeds you're hitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

ianob7 wrote: »
    Lte is for all intents and purposes 4g. Might be a non Irish Samsung you picked up hence lte mentioned in the network options as opposed to 4g. Have you done a speed test to see what speeds you're hitting?

Oh rite , no I didn't do a speed test but to be fair the speeds seem OK

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If you are on any of the mvno networks (Tesco Mobile, iD mobile, Virgain, Lyca), then you should also enable data roaming. They "roam" onto three's network, so you'd need that ticked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I have an Irish old model Nexus 5 and it has always said LTE as opposed to 4G....

I think it's down to the manufacturer how they phrase it...

I'm on vodafone, it's just a H+ symbol on the top of my phone. Also here's a speed test I just did

• Advertisement

I think it's possible for 4G to be turned off on the sim. Contact vodafone here and see if they can sort you out.

MarkR wrote: »
    I think it's possible for 4G to be turned off on the sim. Contact vodafone here and see if they can sort you out.

I just got off live chat with them , he said he updated it and when I restart my phone il be able to use 4g. I did that and still nothing

How old is the sim ??

ianob7 wrote: »
    How old is the sim ??

I have the 4g symbol now at the top of screen so he was right :) the sim is less than a year old

High speed internet awaits :p

• Advertisement

Good stuff, glad you got sorted.

Advertisement