Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

Options
  • 18-12-2016 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a big fan of the Shantae games, and the latest is out on Tuesday (after a Kickstarter campaign and years of development). It'll probably be too easy and a bit short, but it looks like a lot of fun. The artists have done a great job - the visuals are in HD and the sprite work is fantastic.

Out on Tuesday on Steam, PS4, Vita, Wii U and Xbox One.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

That actually looks pretty cool, any idea on pricing? Might pick it up for my missus on Wii U, looks like something she'd love and I'd enjoy watching her play. Ori and the Blind Forest was too tough for her -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It's actually out tomorrow for the Wii U (like the other versions) and it's €16.99 on that platform.

Mr E wrote: »
    It's actually out tomorrow for the Wii U (like the other versions) and it's €16.99 on that platform.

Very end of the video says 20th for PS4 and PS Vita. But 27th for Wii U. Did they move the release forward? It would be nice to buy a 2nd Wii U game this year :o

According the post about this week's releases in the Nintendo forum, S:HGH is out tomorrow on the Wii U (and that came from an official Nintendo press release as source)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102011593&postcount=1371

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was thinking of getting this for the vita, seems perfect for the vita, gotta get this or dex anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Still no sign of it on the eshop.
    Edit: Brainfart went looking on 3ds eshop instead of wiiu doh!

Played it up as far as the
    hot Mermaid boss
    . Great game and a bit more challenging than I expected (I saw the Game Over screen a few times).

Well done Way Forward. :)

Tip:
    Buy potions

really liking the music so far, the fire stage remined my of SOR2 soundtrack.

It was nice to see that there is a new playable character (with his/her own story) playable after you finish the game, with a 3rd character "coming soon". That turns a 6 hour game into an 18 hour one. :)

This game is pretty hard (but reviews say it's easy). Maybe I'm just getting old. :o

• Advertisement

What size is the Game? I annoyingly only have a 8gb Wii U (Mario Kart and Splatoon DLC eating away at that)

It seems to be a digital only game, no physical release yes?

I think it was about 1.4gb on Steam? Not sure about physical releases...

What size is the Game? I annoyingly only have a 8gb Wii U (Mario Kart and Splatoon DLC eating away at that)

Had a look at my data management on my hard drive, its says its 1588 MB thats just under 1.6gb of space.
    Mr E wrote: »
    This game is pretty hard (but reviews say it's easy). Maybe I'm just getting old. :o

I had to leave it last night, i was doing a jumping stage where the platforms come in and out and you had to time your jumps to land on the ones coming out :o

I'm on the Desert level, where
    there are lots of enemies around and a strong gust of wind every 5 seconds to blow you into them
    . :)

Cleared this last nite, great game, i think pirates curse might have pipped it for me tho i really liked the visuals and music of HGH better

Advertisement