Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charities in Carlow That Take Furniture?

Options
  • 18-12-2016 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭

Are there any charities around Carlow town that take furniture?

I recently bought a house in the town which was sold furnished. While I'll be holding on to some of it, there's a couple of beds, armchairs etc. that I want to get rid of preferably to a charity.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,417 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Call into the SVP shop there on Tullow St. I know they do and I think they can collect as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Try the holy angels store in graiguecullen. Just up from st clares church

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Owryan wrote: »
    Try the holy angels store in graiguecullen. Just up from st clares church

+1 for Holy Angels Warehouse; they've plenty of storage space & I find it preferable to SVDP on Tullow St. where you have to ask to view the furniture in their two units that back onto Carlow Shopping Centre; you feel you need to purchase since they've been inconvenienced to have to open the unit for you.

Holy Angels allows you to go in & browse all their furniture & clothes & so much more without feeling you're intruding or inconveniencing anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Holy angels will send out a van if you have big stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

iano.p wrote: »
    Holy angels will send out a van if you have big stuff.

Ah perfect, because that's part of the problem :)

I'll followup with them after Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Blacknight wrote:
    Ah perfect, because that's part of the problem

When we moved the took our old presses and beds two lads came in a van. They use to only work Friday and Saturday I think they are just volunteers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Not dishing the work of the holy angels one but people should be aware that it it a business that has agreement in place to give x% of profits to holy angels for use of the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Thanks for the suggestions - they came a couple of days ago and collected pretty much everything :)

Advertisement