Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confront the guy who keeps annoying my Da? [Mod warning post 1]

Options
  • 18-12-2016 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Mod Warning - any suggestions to use violence will now result in forum bans. This is being added as despite one post being removed and an on thread warning added only 7 minutes later another poster came in with similar

So my Da is a quiet man who keeps to himself. He's 62 years old and has a very low IQ due to a combination of leaving school early and an accident he was involved in. This makes him a soft target for a local youth (he looks about 18-21) who seems to find it entertaining to throw drinks at him and I'm pretty sure he spat at my Da before a few times.

All of this happened while I wasn't there, but the guy that does it--I've seen him around and it makes my blood boil. I'm not usually an aggressive type..I tend to avoid confrontation. But this is my Da, a harmless bloke, being picked on for no reason, and honestly, as much as some of you might look down on it, I am extremely tempted to go over and hit him a dig and warn him to stay the hell away from my Dad.

I know violence is hardly the most mature response, but this is shocking and disgusting behavior that a man of my Dad's age just doesn't need. Every time I see this lad it runs through my head to confront him but I always avoid it. Should I just leave it be? I'm fairly certain it's the type of situation where if words were spoken to him, it would have no effect.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Sometimes bullies just need someone to give them a few words OP. he's clearly chosen your dad as a target because he's elderly, a younger lad coming and confronting him could very well be the thing that stops it. Obviously you might want to knock the s h 1 t out of him but all that would happen is you'll end up arrested and charged with assault. When you see him again tell him to cop on or else. Don't elaborate any further just enough of a thinly veiled few words might sort him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Mod note - this generally results in a forum ban. Don't repeat it.

:rolleyes: that's exactly what OP needs to be brought up on assault charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Mod note - this generally results in a forum ban. Don't repeat it.

An ironic response given your username.

The guy giving your Dad a hard time would probably do with a quiet word. Would your local community Garda be able to help out? Spitting at someone is assault and I'm sure throwing a drink could be construed as an assault also. Sorry to hear your dad is going through this.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Mod Note
    Stop animal cruelty - kindly read our charter. As above posts such as this generally only result in one thing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Tell him that next time you hear a word about him annoying your dad, you'll have him done for assault. Let him know you could have him done now based off what he's done, but you're giving him one chance to not ruin his life.

He's scum but there's no need for you to go down to his level when there's a much more effective and harmful alternative at hand. So you hit him a dig...that'll minorly inconvenience him for all of one night and probably break your fist too since you've probably no idea how to punch since you're not violent. Get him charged for assault (and would it could under elder abuse), that'll stop him from ever going to America or getting good jobs. Good enough for the scum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement