Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get BTEA even though I already have a degree?

Options
  • 17-12-2016 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I got a degree in arts (social science) 3 years ago, and had a child in my final year so was never able to use it. I am a single mother and my child is now in playschool so I would like to pursue a career. My degree is basically useless, as has been 3 years since my studies and I have no experience. I would like to take a specified course with a more direct route to work, (social science is too vague). I have an interest in graphic design but I am on lone parent so cannot afford the course.

From what I read, I cannot get a level 5 course on BTEA, as I have a level 8 degree. Is there any exceptions to this? Or any other financial support I may be eligible for?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Mrs cockett

I believe you can do higher diploma courses and get BTEA. Check out springboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

Can you do any course or has it to be on spring board

Advertisement