Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android deleting Firefox

Options
  • 17-12-2016 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭

Anybody seen this before?
    3 times Firefox has disappeared from my phone.
    I only use for certain websites that won't run on Chrome but its a pita having to reinstall it and reload all my bookmarks every week.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Thats weird. Erm do you have any kind of cache/junk-file clearer installed that may be erroneously deleting it. Or an antivirus app?

I've never used firefox on my phone, I use Opera Mini. That might work when Chrome won't too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

learn_more wrote:
    Thats weird. Erm do you have any kind of cache/junk-file clearer installed that may be erroneously deleting it. Or an antivirus app?

learn_more wrote:
    I've never used firefox on my phone, I use Opera Mini. That might work when Chrome won't too.

Thanks. I do have anti virus. I'll check that.
    Opera may work also on these sites so I might give it a try.
    I've only had this issue on my new phone which I've only had a few weeks. My old android had no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Thanks. I do have anti virus. I'll check that.
    Opera may work also on these sites so I might give it a try.
    I've only had this issue on my new phone which I've only had a few weeks. My old android had no problems.

The easiest way to see if it's the antivirus is to delete it completely and reboot your phone. Then reinstall firefox.

Advertisement