Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECONOMICS

Options
  • 17-12-2016 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I'm struggling badly in ecomonics. I'm aiming for a H3 for the leaving cert. In terms of studying, I really don't know how & where to start.
    All I know is that the micro part of economics is my favorite & that it's definite on the lc paper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Edrees98

MelaninQ wrote: »
    I'm struggling badly in ecomonics. I'm aiming for a H3 for the leaving cert. In terms of studying, I really don't know how & where to start.
    All I know is that the micro part of economics is my favorite & that it's definite on the lc paper.

Hi there,

Economics is one of those subjects that precision is key! You can't waffle at all. Firstly I'd recommend reading The Economist to develop a kind of economical way of thinking to answer the Macro questions.
    Now onto how to study economics. You need to firstly make your own notes. These need to be immaculate and concise. Search the chapters in the exam papers and make notes on all recurring questions. Revise these consistently and try the questions in the papers I mean ALL OF THEM!!!
    Then do short questions. Basically fill all of them in from the marking schemes and then revise them. After a while do them blind.
    For now focus on all of micro and study Inflation, Money and Banking, National Income (ignore the calculation), International Trade, Taxation and Government policies.

Good luck and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Advertisement