Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet won,t charge

Options
  • 17-12-2016 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭

I have an android tablet 10 inch ,bought in 2014.
    it worked fine, i haven,t used it in a year.
    i bought a new charger ,its 5.2volt 2amp as per the label on the rear of the tablet.i plug in the charger ,no light comes on,nothing happens ,
    the charger has a power led on it ,i assume the charger is ok.
    Should i bring the tablet into a shop for repair.
    or should i just give up on it .
    Its not a famous brand like hp or samsung , its a generic android tablet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

My nephew's Lenovo tablet had a similar issue. It could be a damaged charging port. The metal of the charger may not be making full contact inside the port. Try this -

Plug in the charger as normal. Gently press the plastic on the connector to apply pressure against the top side of the connection inside the port. Hold it for a few seconds and see if it comes back to life. If that doesn't work, put pressure on the bottom side of the connector and try the same.

My routine to charge it was to prop it upsidedown against the wall, balanced on the charger connection to apply constant pressure on the port. It worked for a few months but we just ended up getting him a new tablet for his next birthday (his old one was out of warranty).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

It could be the battery. If not charged regularly some batteries die, not sure why.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its LiPoly so it has a protection circuit. Normally batteries dont like being over charged, LiPoly cant be OVER or UNDER charged or the explode(potentially).

You need to shunt it up over the minimum voltage for it to work at all. One method is to warm up the device to nudge the voltage up to a working level, another is to pull the cell out and attach it to an external charger.

Sometimes dumb chargers will still trickle charge them, try find the ****tiest 1A chinese charger you can.

Have you tried long pressing power, or long pressing power with volume up or down to maybe kick it into recovery mode or something?

You could also try plugging into a PC and see if any adb connection is established.

Have had devices I thought were dead and have been kicked into life with one of these methods.

Advertisement