Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best "Small" Android?

Options
  • 16-12-2016 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

All the flagships (Oneplus 3T, S7) out there are all huge - 5.5 inches. Won't fit in my pocket, have to carry it in my hand, hard to use with one hand etc.

Apple have decent smaller phones like the iPhone SE (4 inch) and the 6s (4.7 inch). But I like Android and I don't want to have to move to Apple.

I've looked on websites like CooliCool for 4-5 inch phones and they all seem to be very low spec and very under powered compared to the flagships (but on the plus side they are in the €200-€300 bracket).

Are there any smaller form factor Androids that are really well spec'd and can give the iPhone a run for its money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Tester46

Oh, and it needs to have 4G Band 20 (800) cuz that's what Vodafone use outside the main cities. That rules out the very nice Xiaomi phones :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Sony's Z compact series are what I'd be looking at in that segment. They keep most of the really high spec of their larger flagships packed in to a 4.5ish inch screen.

Sony's Z compact series are what I'd be looking at in that segment. They keep most of the really high spec of their larger flagships packed in to a 4.5ish inch screen.

4.5 inch is kinda the perfect size. I'll check those out thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I think you need to reassess your choice of pockets!

By the way its the s7 edge that's 5.5, the regular 1 is 5.1 and a perfect size imo.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    I think you need to reassess your choice of pockets!

By the way its the s7 edge that's 5.5, the regular 1 is 5.1 and a perfect size imo.

I know most people seem to prefer the bigger (5"+) screen, but it's just a bit too big to use the phone one-handed. I really don't want to have to move to a smaller iPhone, but I don't want an underpowered Android either.

Are there any sub-5" full powered Android phones out there?

• Advertisement
Advertisement