Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DBPOWER 1080P Action Camera 12MP £15.99 on Amazon uk

Options
  • 16-12-2016 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Great price for a 1080p action camera

Comes with a waterproof case and mounting accessories too

amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KSUSCHO/?tag=ho01f-21

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

FlamingMoe wrote: »
    Great price for a 1080p action camera

Comes with a waterproof case and mounting accessories too

Link fixed

Once I see this, I just walk away.....f**king liars.

Disclaimer: I received this product at a large discount in return for my honest and unbiased review.
    All views and opinions are my own after testing the product and I base the review on the current selling price wherever possible. I will occasionally add to, or amend the review if something comes to light that is outside of the scope of the initial review... this could be good or bad.
    I do not have any relationship with the seller or manufacturer of this product nor any obligation to give a good review.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 FlamingMoe

I don't expect it to be a stellar product

But for £15.99 with the included extras, can't go wrong really

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

dodzy wrote:
    Disclaimer: I received this product at a large discount in return for my honest and unbiased review. All views and opinions are my own after testing the product and I base the review on the current selling price wherever possible. I will occasionally add to, or amend the review if something comes to light that is outside of the scope of the initial review... this could be good or bad. I do not have any relationship with the seller or manufacturer of this product nor any obligation to give a good review.

We need a plugin that removes this crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

FlamingMoe wrote:

Broken link again

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Psychosis

Thanks for the heads up, just bought 2.

I bought one of these 3 months ago for £35 and was fairly happy at that price, since I also paid 300+ for a GoPro Hero 4 Silver.

For the price its not a bad camera but you get what you pay for.

It certainly feels flimsy compared to the real go pro but it does fit all the accessories/mounts.

The picture quality is not as good either but its not terrible. It uses some software enhancement instead of better hardware. There are a good few comparison videos of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w-KRqDweyY

Two thing to watch out for, you can only use cards 32GB or lower, the batteries are not interchangeable with GoPro batteries.

I am basically using mine as a dispoable camera in riskier spots than I would put my Gopro in.

• Advertisement

Broken link again

I can't post links, but dodzy posted the fixed link

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

sweetie wrote: »

No, I'm glad it's there. But it really skews the results. Anyway, hows the speaker sounding ? :)

Psychosis wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up, just bought 2.

I bought one of these 3 months ago for £35 and was fairly happy at that price, since I also paid 300+ for a GoPro Hero 4 Silver.

For the price its not a bad camera but you get what you pay for.

It certainly feels flimsy compared to the real go pro but it does fit all the accessories/mounts.

The picture quality is not as good either but its not terrible. It uses some software enhancement instead of better hardware. There are a good few comparison videos of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w-KRqDweyY

Two thing to watch out for, you can only use cards 32GB or lower, the batteries are not interchangeable with GoPro batteries.

I am basically using mine as a dispoable camera in riskier spots than I would put my Gopro in.

Thanks for the input

Bought 2 myself, use one as a gift

Might use it as a dash cam also if that's possible

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

This is just a sjcam sj4000 clone. (A clone of a clone if you will...). I've had one of these clones before and the image quality is actually okay. But the battery life was atrocious. I wouldn't bother to be honest, you can get reasonable cams for little money these days, but this isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Got one similar posted on here a few months ago from newfrog.com for $16.99 it wasbrutal not even 480p - the overall build was great but the cam was ****e.

Lodged a paypal dispute and finally got my money back last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭U2Flyboy

I too got one of these supposed Sj4000 s from T Mart for e20ish lately. I already own an Sj1000 which is fine..not GoPro standard but fine so I know the kind of standard we are talking about. The TMart one and I suspect this one is junk of the highest order!! ...Think early Nokia phone video quality even set at 1080p (joke). PayPal dispute in progress too! Beware big time! One thing I notice is that it's very lightweight it's only plus point! Do not just Google Sj4000 on YouTube and think that sample Sj4000 videos there bear any relationship to this krap in the samples with comparisons to Gopros!

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

sweetie wrote: »

just posted this, may be of use :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Advertisement