Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOE waterford

Options
  • 15-12-2016 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

can any one tell me the best place to bring my camper for a DOE in or around waterford as i was told that theres 2/3 places that are a bit to strict and wont let any thing go

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

In my experience, in general I find DOE's far less strict than NCT.

No idea of the standard procedures in your area tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

pongo69 wrote: »
    can any one tell me the best place to bring my camper for a DOE in or around waterford as i was told that theres 2/3 places that are a bit to strict and wont let any thing go

thanks

Are you relying on information from actual customers of these businesses or here say?

Why would put yourself, or perhaps your family at risk in driving around in a defective vehicle?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭pongo69

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Are you relying on information from actual customers of these businesses or here say?

Why would put yourself, or perhaps your family at risk in driving around in a defective vehicle?
    i am in the trade and i have seen the so-called fails

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Martin_D

thanks

i find McCarthy's Johns's Park fine to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭pastense

Pat Dunne wrote: »

In the Trade Pat ?

I didn't see anything in the question about trying to avoid defects. We all know there are multiple little things that can be a fail but they are not critical to safe driving. Some places will fail and some places will advise.

He asks a fair question and we'd all head for the latter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Rolor Commercials. Was out there a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

We bring ours to Fennells in Dungarvan, and in our experience they're very fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭pongo69

We bring ours to Fennells in Dungarvan, and in our experience they're very fair.
    i heard they are fair there are some places in waterford that all depends on what mood they are in

i was told of one chap that failed they marked the bits with marker he went home and cleaned off the marker went back the next week and passed but thats waterford for you

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

i heard they are fair there are some places in waterford that all depends on what mood they are in

i was told of one chap that failed they marked the bits with marker he went home and cleaned off the marker went back the next week and passed but thats waterford for you

Hopefully they didn't mark any serious defect??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

pastense wrote: »
    In the Trade Pat ?

I didn't see anything in the question about trying to avoid defects. We all know there are multiple little things that can be a fail but they are not critical to safe driving. Some places will fail and some places will advise.

He asks a fair question and we'd all head for the latter.

No pastense, I am not a member of the "Trade"!

I am simply the type of preson who believes in maintaining a vehicle in the very best of condition. I am not a believer in the "sure it'll be grand" school of thought.

Whenever I have presented a vehicle for testing, be that DOE or NCT, I am always confident that it will pass with ease, as a result of the maintanance schedule which I carry out for all my vehicles and the work carried out by professional members of the "trade" that I have employed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

... And for people like us who don't have a clue, it's a great diagnostic tool.

We had a serious rust problem once, that was spotted in DOE, the camper was actually sent for repairs straight from there. Something to do with the brakes was so rusty it fell apart while it was being tested. Had we not known about it we could have crashed on the way back from it.

That DOE wasn't in Waterford actually.

It wasn't even that expensive to fix, but it could have had dire consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭nailer8

Give Joan a call in Rolor Commercials she will sort you out.
    051 830250 or http://www.rolor.ie/ you can book online.

They will give you a fair result.

Advertisement