Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So which character do you think could have there own series.

Options
  • 15-12-2016 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Out of all 5 series which characters do you think would be interesting if they had there own series or even film.

I think Picards early life would be very interesting we could get to see him start out on his first ship work his way up to the Stargazer and eventually become Captain of the Stargazer. The show could end with us seeing him taking command of the Enterprise.

I also think Janeway would do on interesting prequal show too.

Data maybe could be on interesting show as well.

I also think Jadzia and Sisko could make for an interesting prequal show.

The show does not have to be a prequal it can be a follow on from where they were when the series they were on finished if you want.

So who would you people like to see have there own show and when.

Maybe it will happen in the future sometime would be great if it did.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Would love to see a series where Nog is now First Commander on a Starship, but is constantly disrespected by certain members of the crew and doesn't necessarily see eye to eye with the Captain, but has a rag tag group of misfit crew members he can always rely on and surrounds himself with as much as he can.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

I think Picards prequel idea has some merit out of everything, interesting back story in comparison to most of the captains mentioned.

I think a follow on from DS9 with a focus on Worf or Dax (with a better actress than the second Dax or even a new host) could be interesting but only if done right. A post ds9 universe has endless opportunities to develop but as much as I liked Sisko, I wouldn't like to see him return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

duffman13 wrote: »
    I think Picards prequel idea has some merit out of everything, interesting back story in comparison to most of the captains mentioned.

I always thought having Will Wheaton play a young Picard would be a nice twist.

There are always hints of a Picard Crusher Crusher love triangle.

Beverly rips apart Boks attempt to make Jason Vigo's DNA seem linked to Picards so quickly ... almost too quickly..... like she'd seen this type of cover up before....

You have a great timeline there as well, Pegasus and all that was going on, Cardassian war, there's loads of material.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd like to have seen Captain Riker. Would be interesting to see him in the full on captain role, with a younger first officer being a pain in his ass :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Garak, how he's even still alive by the end of DS9 is testament to how awesome the chap is, although i don't think anyone but Andrew Robinson could play that part as brilliantly as he did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭Evade

I wouldn't mind seeing an anthology series set near the end of the 24th century, a kind of where are they now story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭Daith

Bashir in a detective type series. A more Noir take on Trek could be interesting.

Daith wrote: »
    Bashir in a detective type series. A more Noir take on Trek could be interesting.

Him and O'Brien in an odd couple living arrangement sitcom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭Daith

Him and O'Brien in an odd couple living arrangement sitcom.

They're the original odd couple!

I have to say having seen the new S**r W**s film, a miniseries that just explores minor characters, or minor plot points from various episodes would be good.

What ever happened to that crowd that were able to shoot fireballs and were jonesing for a bit of gear, sort of job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I have to say having seen the new S**r W**s film, a miniseries that just explores minor characters, or minor plot points from various episodes would be good.

What ever happened to that crowd that were able to shoot fireballs and were jonesing for a bit of gear, sort of job.

lmao

turns out they got their gear..

Yeah i know, ToS and TNG arent the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The adventures of quark would be a good one. He'd have had to have had some adventures to get to know all the less reputable characters.

I actually had a dream once where all the crew of DS9 had a reunion and Quark had bought DS9 and turned it into a hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

AMKC wrote: »
    Out of all 5 series which characters do you think would be interesting if they had there own series or even film.

I think Picards early life would be very interesting we could get to see him start out on his first ship work his way up to the Stargazer and eventually become Captain of the Stargazer. The show could end with us seeing him taking command of the Enterprise.

I also think Janeway would do on interesting prequal show too.

Data maybe could be on interesting show as well.

I also think Jadzia and Sisko could make for an interesting prequal show.

The show does not have to be a prequal it can be a follow on from where they were when the series they were on finished if you want.

So who would you people like to see have there own show and when.

Maybe it will happen in the future sometime would be great if it did.

Good idea, has to be Garak for me, his time in the obsidian order would be amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

the adventures of Morn.

Season 1-7 sitting on a bar stool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Q.

Every episode could be entirely different, like a Star Trek version of the Outer Limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

the adventures of Morn.

Season 1-7 sitting on a bar stool.

The end of season cliff-hangers will be AMAZE-BALLS!!! :p:p:p:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I disagree about Q and Garak.

Keep them mysterious.

I could see a mini series on the relationship between Picard and Guinan. What if Picard exited the Nexus earlier to stop him from being assimilated by the Borg?

It does sound awful similar to the episode Tapestry though!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Titan as a series instead of books would have been good.
    Personally I want to see more of the enterprise era, Reid as he gets a ship or refitted Endeavour...

Advertisement