Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avondale burnt house

Options
  • 14-12-2016 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Driving around the Avondale area I noticed a burned out house in Avondale Close. I would like to live in the area but wondered what the story was with this incident, does anybody have any background on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭BBM77

Driving around the Avondale area I noticed a burned out house in Avondale Close. I would like to live in the area but wondered what the story was with this incident, does anybody have any background on it?

Don’t know what the story is. But if it was arson or something to worry about you can be sure it would have been plastered all over the front of the News & Star.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Gillman1998

Thanks, yes that's what I thought as well but there is nothing thankfully

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

BBM77 wrote: »
    Don’t know what the story is. But if it was arson or something to worry about you can be sure it would have been plastered all over the front of the News & Star.

So I take it you don't agree with the News and Star reporting on actual events that happen within the city then?

I've only been mentioned 2/3 times tbh, but bowling alley is a regular contributor alright :)

Yeah a couple hundred posts makes him a regular contributor :P

A regular contributor to the 'Well' section of the paper I meant.

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    So I take it you don't agree with the News and Star reporting on actual events that happen within the city then?

WOW is all I can say!

BBM77 wrote: »
    WOW is all I can say!

What's so 'WOW' about what I said?

Aquos76 wrote: »
    What's so 'WOW' about what I said?

Jesus, all I said is that if anything happened it would be on the front of the News & Star. The News & Star does tend to put such stories on their front page. How you can turn that into me not agreeing with the News and Star reporting on actual events is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭johnsparkexile

Don't think it made the front page in the News & Star, but there was an article

concerning that house, underage drinking and anti social behavior prior to the

fire. I remember reading that the residents had complained to the council about

it but as the house was in a private estate they could do nothing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Gillman1998

Thanks, that's interesting, would you know roughly how long ago that was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭johnsparkexile

Earlier this year, tried to find the article on line to link it, but can't locate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Did a couple of posts go missing during this peculiar thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

House was burnt from within, no anti social behavior was involved.

Advertisement