Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parking/charging at Dublin airport

Options
  • 14-12-2016 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭

Hi, All

What would be the best option to park and charge at Dublin airport now?

In the past we had our Leaf parked at the Quickpark for all our long journeys. Car would sit for 2 weeks with 23-26% left in the battery box. On our arrival we used nearby FCPs to get enough charge to bring us home.

This time we are going to arrive at 23.15 and a FCP visit after collecting the car would make it quite inconvenient having in mind we travel with a toddler.

I never left my car plugged at the Quickparks SCP because I did not want to block the charger for 10+ days. This time we are away for 6 nights and...
    Should I plug or should I not is the question.

I thought about writing a mail to Quickparks management to ask if they can plug me on the day before my arrival. Would they oblige to do so?!?
    Anyone with some experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,435 ✭✭✭✭ted1

peposhi wrote: »
    Hi, All

What would be the best option to park and charge at Dublin airport now?

In the past we had our Leaf parked at the Quickpark for all our long journeys. Car would sit for 2 weeks with 23-26% left in the battery box. On our arrival we used nearby FCPs to get enough charge to bring us home.

This time we are going to arrive at 23.15 and a FCP visit after collecting the car would make it quite inconvenient having in mind we travel with a toddler.

I never left my car plugged at the Quickparks SCP because I did not want to block the charger for 10+ days. This time we are away for 6 nights and...
    Should I plug or should I not is the question.

I thought about writing a mail to Quickparks management to ask if they can plug me on the day before my arrival. Would they oblige to do so?!?
    Anyone with some experiences?

Quick park have introduced a premium service where they park the car. That might be an option but I'd contact them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

ted1 wrote: »
    Quick park have introduced a premium service where they park the car. That might be an option but I'd contact them first.

I may have to ring as you suggest. I don't really want to speak to someone behind the service counter. I would prefer to speak to someone with authority who could actually give me a proper answer or organise it for me...

A

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Do you need more than 80% to get home?
    How about charging at the FCP before you get to the airport and leave it for the 6 days at 80%. I dont think that would be bad for the battery.

80-85% depending on the weather and speed. I might do that, at least the FCPs won't be busy at 3am... Well... Who knows lol

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭jerryg

peposhi wrote: »
    80-85% depending on the weather and speed. I might do that, at least the FCPs won't be busy at 3am... Well... Who knows lol

I have been told in another forum that you can leave an i3 fully charged and go on your hols without any damage to your battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,249 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Last time I asked, QuickPark won't plug you in.

The ones at the long term park aren't accessible anyway unless you're in there so I have left my car there before for over a week. Driving back to Donegal, the last thing you want to do is have to charge before you leave.

By the look of it, this time i will hog the charger for 5 days and charge on the 6 :(

apologies in advance...

Advertisement