Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Video editing PC

Options
  • 14-12-2016 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭

So following this website I've put together a build for a budget PC from scratch for around €750-800. The motherboard is more expensive then what generally is recommended here, so its the one part I am not sure about. The monitor etc is separate.

Motherboard €111,85
    CPU €199,85
    Ram €50,32
    GPU €166,94
    SSD €64,94
    HD €47,79
    PSU €41,25
    Cooler €29,85
    DVD €10,71
    Case €65

Total €788

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You could lose about €100 on the board and GPU by dropping to a 1050 or a RX 460. Should it be an RX 460? Anyways.

This'll let you fit and i7 6700 into the €800 bracket, or very close to it. Could drop the cooler if needed either, the stock intel one is probably fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tadcan

I thought I'd go a bit higher on the GPU because the person will also be doing some gaming as well. Maybe its just me, but I notice the difference between the stock cooler and an after market one and it bugs me. I can knock €60ish off the price and get a gigabit MB. Realistically that should be enough slots for the near future.

Sound wise? I'm sure most people can, at the budget though I'd prioritise performance, each to their own.

In that case, your build is sound, cheaper motherboard if desired

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

what about a xeon 1231v3?

what about a xeon 1231v3?

Good suggestion, I always forget Haswell.

Should be able to squeeze this, remember to change to an LGA1150 board with DDR3 RAM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭tadcan

I have a bit a tinnitus and even a slight high pitched noise can over time bug me. So I don't mind paying for some more for a bit less noise. I also sat beside a really loud PC for years, so I maybe overreacting.

Ah yeah I'm not trying to have a go, just stating why I'd leave it out :)

Advertisement