Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post tracking showing parcel delivered before its delivered!

Options
  • 14-12-2016 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

I've received a few recorded delivery parcels over the last few weeks delivered by An Post and I've noticed a new "trend"

Three of the parcels have been marked on the on-line tracking as "delivered" before they have actually reached me. As soon as they reach the local sorting office they seem to be marked "delivered", so much so that the seller who sent me two of the item has contacted me looking for feedback before even the 1st attempt to deliver by An Post.

Previously when the parcel reached my local sorting office it showed up as "ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER" with a check in time. The last three show "DELIVERED" and when they are actually delivered to me there is a second "DELIVERED" entry.

Is this possibly a temp Christmas employee not using the system correctly or is it An Post trying to fudge their delivery stats by showing parcels delivered sooner than they are?

Has anyone else noticed this recently?

(my local sorting office is Glenageary)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Wouldn't expect temps in small DUs, they'd be at the chokepoints in the mail centers. Report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Tommyaya4

Are items to be signed for or no sig required

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Tommyaya4 wrote: »
    Are items to be signed for or no sig required

All required a signature

Advertisement