Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on new build to play cycling game Zwift

Options
  • 13-12-2016 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys I am looking to build a desktop capable of running the cycling game zwift at their recommended specs:

OS
    Windows 7 64bit or higher,
    or macOS 10.8 or higher
    PROCESSOR
    Dual Core Intel® Core i5 or AMD
    MEMORY
    8GB
    GRAPHICS
    2GB Radeon R9 200 series,
    or NVIDIA GTX 650
    HARD DISK
    4GB of free space

My budget is around 400-500 euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

1. What is your budget? 400 - 500 the cheaper the better

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? To play zwift

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? no

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? no

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? no

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? Debit card, Paypal

9. When are you purchasing? Dec/Jan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Zwift isn't very demanding at all. Even a low end, older i5 with half decent graphics will run it excellently. 2nd hand might be your best bet - €300 would get you a machine that would run it effortlessly, unless you're set on building new?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Weird spec sheet

i3 6100 €120
    8gb DDR4 €50
    120gb SSD €60
    Case €50
    400w PSU €50
    H110M board €50
    RX 460 €120
    Total €500 Even.

No room for a Windows key but you can use W10 for free with a watermark in the corner

http://zwiftalizer.com/benchmarks Has a bunch of PC lists with how they perform. At 1080 Medium, an i3 with a 460 seems to average about 70. Your monitor likely only displays at 60 so that's more than enough.

Agree with Terror, it's pretty easy to run. My list is probably overkill to be honest

Would it be too much to run it on a TV?

• Advertisement

At 1080p it'd run it no bother, at 720p you can definitely trim it down a little

Not set on building, was actually looking at 2nd hand but was advised I could build as cheap. Tnx guys

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

I've a lenovo yoga 2 with a Intel pentium processor and it runs Zwift absolutely fine. In fact I'm only just in from a session on it now.

Casey78 wrote: »
    I've a lenovo yoga 2 with a Intel pentium processor and it runs Zwift absolutely fine. In fact I'm only just in from a session on it now.

I have no computer what so ever, I've tried my wife's work computer but it was no joy.

Advertisement