Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having a problem with my iPod

Options
  • 13-12-2016 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭

I just connected my iPod to my laptop and in iTunes I get the message, "iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPod. Go to summary tab in iPod preferences and click Restore to restore this iPod to factory settings."

I disconnected my iPod and now it seems that all my music has been deleted from it. I connected it again and get the same message. However, in My Computer it shows that my iPod is nearly full, which it should be.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I had a lot of music on it so I really don't want to have to restore it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Johnmcgee97

Can you try hold the home button and the power button at identical timing then let go when the apple logo appears? If that doesn't work and the iPod won't physically switch on , but If iTunes is detecting it then restore it from a backup, there's something on it to cause the software to prevent the iPod from running, what I normally do is restore the most recent backup, if the issue persists then restore it again but choose a previous back up
    Repeat this process untill the iPod starts working

Advertisement