Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

semi acoustic or electro acoustic.....

Options
  • 13-12-2016 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭

for goodness sake learn which is which!

an acoustic guitar with a pick up is an electro acoustic

a hollow bodied electric guitar..... F holes and magnetic pickups.... like a Gibson ES-335.... is a semi acoustic

sorry, rant over, I'll go back into the room with the lovely padded walls.......

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I don't find the term 'semi-acoustic' descriptive enough.

Much more useful are 'hollow-body" and 'semi-hollow-body' (electric), as the above does not make this important distinction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

not arguing with more detail, just irritated at plain wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭Rigsby

for goodness sake learn which is which!

an acoustic guitar with a pick up is an electro acoustic

a hollow bodied electric guitar..... F holes and magnetic pickups.... like a Gibson ES-335.... is a semi acoustic

sorry, rant over, I'll go back into the room with the lovely padded walls.......

Long may it be that this is the only thing that gets your knickers in a twist. :D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

So, would this be a semi acoustic or electro acoustic?

Factory-Mahogany-font-b-guitar-b-font-Gloss-red-66-font-b-Double-b-font-font.jpg

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭DeeTee100

This is one of my biggest annoyances on Done Deal and the likes, well that and people who post "FENDER Stratocaster for sale.... made by (insert cheap Chinese brand)"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 m1r9h71

DeeTee100 usually followed by the word "RARE" like a dodgy knock off is somehow a prototype!

Advertisement