Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Binary Blocked By FRP Lock

Options
  • 13-12-2016 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭

My phone was "stolen" on Friday night. I knew who had "stolen" it, a friend of a colleague, so I chased it down and threatened with going to guards etc but spoke to the girl on Sunday afternoon who said she had taken it home by mistake and didn't realise she had it. I believed her.

I had gotten the phone blocked by vodafone, and I've since gotten it unblocked. However, the phone now says"Custom Binary Blocked By FRP Lock".

I see tutorials online of how to fix this, but failing to see what it actually is.

Anyway, when I took cover off phone to put new sim in, I found a sticker from a cheapo repair company with the girl's name etc on it. In other words, she tried to get it unblocked - so did in fact steal it.

I'm livid, unfortunately nothing is backed up, I've lost a lot of photos and I'm really bloody upset, but anyway!

If anyone can shed any light on this, or even point me to the easiest tutorial I'd be grateful. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

I presume its a Samsung phone? What model?
    FRP is Factory Reset Protection, the person who stole your phone tried to factory reset/wipe your phone without de-activating your Google/Samsung account first.

Windows laptop/PC & USB cable required
    Kies 3 version:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWuH7Km6GSQ

Odin 3 version:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA1hAilldD8

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Another one:
    Use Smart Switch for your desktop and use the Emergency Recovery option.
    http://www.sammobile.com/samsung-smart-switch/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Jesus, yeh sorry. Vital information I guess!

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

That's great, thank you.

I'm thinking that my warranty is probably void if I follow any of those tutorials, or is in its current state? I'm just waiting on a callback from my VF account manager to suss that side of it out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Jesus, yeh sorry. Vital information I guess!

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

That's great, thank you.

I'm thinking that my warranty is probably void if I follow any of those tutorials, or is in its current state? I'm just waiting on a callback from my VF account manager to suss that side of it out.

Your warranty should not be effected by this at all. All you are doing is restoring the O/S

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Download official S7 Edge rom, either Vodafone Ireland or BTU. BTU is official UK sim free rom. You can download them here

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

Then use Odin to flash it and that's it.

You won't loose your warranty. As jonnycivic said, you are just restoring. Odin is actually Samsung software.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, I've reset it using the smart switch option but it's confirmed that there had been unauthorised access on the phone and that I would need to verify my gmail account, however when I enter the details of the account I had on the phone, it's saying "please sign in using one of the owner's accounts for this device".

It's driving me up the bloody walls.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Thanks guys, I've reset it using the smart switch option but it's confirmed that there had been unauthorised access on the phone and that I would need to verify my gmail account, however when I enter the details of the account I had on the phone, it's saying "please sign in using one of the owner's accounts for this device".

It's driving me up the bloody walls.

That sounds like the girl managed to get some other details on the phone. Contact Samsung on it and see what they say.

God what an absolute cnut.

Sorry if that's not the nicest language for the android forum!!

Advertisement