Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ear Worms

Options
  • 12-12-2016 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭

An earworm, sometimes known as a brainworm, sticky music, or stuck song syndrome, is a catchy piece of music that continually repeats through a person's mind after it is no longer playing. Phrases used to describe an earworm include "musical imagery repetition", "involuntary musical imagery", and "stuck song syndrome".

I'm constantly afflicted by these it was only recently I realised there was a name for them. I've got Last Christmas by Wham on an endless loop especially the xylophone bits. Before that it was Boogie Wonderland, I've no idea where that came from.

Last week it was Ra Ra Rasputin which in fairness wasn't the worst but self inflicted, I should never have looked up the video. The only consolation is they're keeping Jimmy the Hoover's 'whoa whoa e yeah yeah' out ... well for the moment at least.

What's on everyone else's ear worm playlist?

Comments

Advertisement