Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Marketing Diploma

Options
  • 12-12-2016 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'm looking to get some advice about a digital marketing diploma. DBS have one - digital marketing & strategy - and I'm just wondering if anyone could give me some insight into it? Was it worth their while? Would you recommend doing the diploma in DBS or suggest looking elsewhere. Thank you in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Did one at the Digital Marketing Institute. Reality is, if you don't work in a marketing job already, it's not really worth the expenditure. There are so many people getting these diplomas - at DBS, DMI or elsewhere - that the market is flooded with them.

If you already work in Marketing for a company, I can see the value. Otherwise, I would save your money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

I'd go with trying to get work in the area first - e.g. a customer service job in a company with a digital department and applying internally.

There is growth in the area but the problem is that so many people are doing courses in it so looking for a job with the course alone would be a lottery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Flimpson wrote: »
    I'd go with trying to get work in the area first - e.g. a customer service job in a company with a digital department and applying internally.

There is growth in the area but the problem is that so many people are doing courses in it so looking for a job with the course alone would be a lottery.

Or volunteer part-time for a charity. One of my mates who did the Diploma at DMI did that for a year and a half about 5/6 years ago.

Helped him get a job because he had some practical experience in building a digital capability from the ground up.

I would imagine though that a lot of charities may have some capability in that now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Just looking into one with the skills academy, seems like a huge amount of money for a course tbh. Plus dont think I'll be able to find 15 hours a week to listen to lectures/coursework.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Moved to the Third Level forum. Please read the local charter before posting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Lumysilver

Guys, I really don't recommend the courses from Digital Marketing Institute (DMI). My experience with them is a negative one because after I payed 1750€ for a 3 months course (professional diploma in Digital Marketing) I had 6 months time to pass the exam. Due my busy schedule I scheduled the exam after a month (payed 180 to schedule the exam with DMI)and I failed because of 0.02 points. Because they divided the exam in 3 parts. A, B and C. If you don't take over 60% for each section, you fail. This is something I haven't been told when I signed up for the course.
    The exam questions are made so tricky and confusi

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lumysilver

Guys, I really don't recommend the courses from Digital Marketing Institute (DMI). My experience with them is a negative one because after I payed 1750€ for a 3 months course (professional diploma in Digital Marketing) I had 6 months time to pass the exam. Due my busy schedule I scheduled the exam after a month (payed 180 to schedule the exam with DMI)and I failed because of 0.02 points. Because they divided the exam in 3 parts. A, B and C. If you don't take over 60% for each section, you fail. This is something I haven't been told when I signed up for the course.
    The exam questions are made so tricky and confusing that makes you you think that this company is only about money, not recognition, not awareness... Other things is that once you failed, you don't know what you did wrong because the results sheet is printed by the exam centre is too general. You don't learn much and is a waste of time and money. I am certified by Google and all social media, but not from the Digital Marketing Institute where I spent a little fortune(for me ).
    The conclusion is: don't bother paying any money for the Professional diploma in Digital Marketing because you are going to learn more from the trainings offered FREE by Google and Facebook. One more thing, DMI PDDM exam last 3 hours and the hardest questions are at the end. A really good business for them
    By the time I signed up for this course, I couldn't find any reviews about them, now I hope that I'll help someone to save some money.
    Cheers,
    Lumy!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 411

Hi All,

I am also looking to start a Digital Marketing course. I have a degree in business but want to get more knowledge of digital marketing. I was originally looking at the Professional Diploma from DMI but now I am starting to research other institutes.

Any advice/ recommendations would be much appreciated.

Advertisement