Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clondalkin to Dublin Airport.

Options
  • 12-12-2016 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

I have a flight tomorrow then leaves at 11am within EU and no checked baggage.

I am thinking of getting the 6.55 69 to Heustion Station and then the 747 to the airport. I am wondering if traffic is heavy will that give me enough slack in case of accidents ( plus I plan on having a pint and fry in airport).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Conor84

Say it would you get you there by 9 which is plenty of time and that allows 1hour to Heuston and then 1 hour to the airport which seems OK even at that time.

I'd recommend getting the 69 up to Monastery Road (IBIS) and crossover to Park and Ride at LUAS and there is a Dublin Coach service three times an hour to airport. It is a great service, runs 3 times an hour and costs only €5 each way. It's never taken me more than 30 mins and usually 20 mins and avoid town.

With this you can save money, have extra time in bed or enjoy an extra pint!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Conor84 wrote: »
    Say it would you get you there by 9 which is plenty of time and that allows 1hour to Heuston and then 1 hour to the airport which seems OK even at that time.

I'd recommend getting the 69 up to Monastery Road (IBIS) and crossover to Park and Ride at LUAS and there is a Dublin Coach service three times an hour to airport. It is a great service, runs 3 times an hour and costs only €5 each way. It's never taken me more than 30 mins and usually 20 mins and avoid town.

With this you can save money, have extra time in bed or enjoy an extra pint!
    Now that is interesting. I knew about the Airport Hopper service but did not realise they did one. How is it so quick I am guessing Red Cow is its only stop and it takes M50 the whole way?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Conor84

The Airport Hopper service is a different one that goes through the village and then on to Liffey Valley I think.

Dublin Coach have a pretty good website. 2 of the departures each hour are from Dundrum to Red Cow to Dublin Airport and yeah it goes direct on the M50 to the Airport. The 3rd departure goes at 10 past the hour and starts in Portlaoise and comes through Kildare. It is busy enough and it goes the exact same route. Am a big fan of the service! Gets alot of passengers who get on at Red Cow

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Cheers for the heads up. In future im going back to booking 9am flights just a pain dealing with rush hour traffic

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The airport hopper got me from clondalkin to the airport in 35-40 minutes during rush hour.

• Advertisement
Advertisement