Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martin X Series or Similarly priced Semi Acoustics

Options
  • 12-12-2016 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just wondering has anyone had any experience with martin X series guitars. These seem to range from around 800-950 quid and are getting pretty mixed reviews online as far as I can see. Strummed a few chords on one in Musicmaker and loved the sound of it. Any thoughts guys? Worth the money?

I'm also interested in checking out a something from the Taylor 100 series. Maybe a 114ce or similar, Or any other guitars from brands similarly priced that people can recommend.

Thanks for any help
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

any guitar is worth what you're willing to pay for it.

years ago I had an afternoon free and spent it in a music store in Belfast. the place was empty and I asked if I could have a play at the acoustics.

go ahead said the teenager.

so I worked my way along from a £99 Jay Turser to a £1600 Yari

I ended up back at the Turser because to my hands and ears with was better than the rest.

Play as many as possible and buy the one that you can't put down!

Advertisement