Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei B315 drops wifi (not internet)

Options
  • 12-12-2016 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

Hi
    I've had this router for a year and it has worked fairly well (three network).

However lately the wifi has begun to stop working. Like all of a sudden the SSID disappears from the list of available networks.

If I plug in directly via ethernet cable the internet connection is working fine (so I don't think it's an issue with three)

After a time the wifi comes back and works again.

Has anyone experienced this with the router - is it likely that the router needs repair / replacement.

It's very annoying and I have done a factory reset a few times but the issue always returns.

Firmware is up to date. I also have a wifi extender but I doubt that could be having any affect?

(I am going to bring it in to a three store after christmas if it persists)

Note: I have experienced this with a number of devices so it's not a laptop issue I don't think

Comments

Advertisement