Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park Duathlon Series

Options
  • 12-12-2016 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

The Belpark Triathlon Club are delighted to announce an exciting new summer duathlon series in Dublin’s Phoenix Park. The Belpark Phoenix Park Duathlon Series will start with a National Series race on Saturday, 22nd of April, plus 2 additional mid-week races on Wednesday evenings:

* 22nd April 2017 (Saturday) - National Series
    * 7th June 2017 (Wednesday)
    * 5th July 2017 (Wednesday)

The duathlon consists of a 2.5km run, followed by a 12km cycle (3x4km laps) and finishes with a 2nd run of 2.5km. The race course is based close to the Papal Cross in the Phoenix Park. Roads will be closed for our races, making this is a great event for beginners and people who want to push towards the podium. the race will be timed electronically with results & photos going online shortly after everyone crosses the line. This is a 100% club-run event. It is fully sanctioned by Triathlon Ireland, all levels of athlete are welcome and all proceeds go back to funding club activities.

Entries are now open through the Triathlon Ireland website for our three races and more details can be found on the belparktri.ie website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cashughes

Hi
    I'm thinking of signing up for 22nd April Duathalon in the Phoenix park. Any information as to what to bring etc would be very helpful as I am a runner and only new to the bike.
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

Bike, Helmet compulsory
    Clip in shoes if u have them
    Spare tube, levers, pump
    Water bottle
    Clothes: tri suit is ideal. Plus jumper/tracks for before/after
    No need for gels/bars as its short and u get some grub after.
    Make sure you get a licence and do not forget it.
    The event is well run and an enjoyable race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

Is registration closed for this? Doesn't say so on TI but no option to register either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Whyner wrote: »
    Is registration closed for this? Doesn't say so on TI but no option to register either

I believe online entries closed at midnight last night but there should be limited entries available on the day once you have a One Day Licence or TI membership think its €5 more on the day or so.

I signed up last night so were open at 6PM yesterday evneing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Looking forward to my first race since Feb 2014, yikes! Haven't the PPD since 2010 I think. the course is now anti-clockwise on both bike and run, or was it always? I also assumed it was still 2.5k/13k/2.5k but no, it's 5k/20k/2.5k. It may be a little early in my comeback for those distances back to back but I'll just be conservative on run 1 and the bike afterall I'm really only doing it for the thrill of racing again. No 1 goal - enjoyment :)

• Advertisement

Looking forward to my first race since Feb 2014, yikes! Haven't the PPD since 2010 I think. the course is now anti-clockwise on both bike and run, or was it always? I also assumed it was still 2.5k/13k/2.5k but no, it's 5k/20k/2.5k. It may be a little early in my comeback for those distances back to back but I'll just be conservative on run 1 and the bike afterall I'm really only doing it for the thrill of racing again. No 1 goal - enjoyment :)

Best of luck your going strong on that comeback from the looks of your log you'll be finished before me I'd say.

The midweek races are shorter with only 1 lap on the first run but I think because this is national series and in a Saturday it's a little longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Doing this on Saturday and looking forward to it. How hilly is the run and bike? Will there be a lot of good athletes at this? I'm worried I will come last!

panda100 wrote: »
    Doing this on Saturday and looking forward to it. How hilly is the run and bike? Will there be a lot of good athletes at this? I'm worried I will come last!

Run is fairly pancakes flat. The hardest hill I find is the kyber pass but don't worry there will be a good mix of levels, there always is at these events. They are a great warmup for the season especially for aspiring triathletes that aren't ready yet for the open water swimming. With 5 laps on the bike you get a chance to correct things each time around. You can take the first lap handy enough and figure out where to push for the rest of the laps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Actually can't make this now. Best of luck to you all tomorrow.

Advertisement