Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Rate Grant

Options
  • 12-12-2016 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi
    My dad is receiving unemployment assistance for 2 days per week and works 3 days per week and his combined income (social welfare and wages) is less than the required €22703 for Special Rate . He has been receiving the unemployment assistance every week for the last 3 years and has the required 391 days but SUSI title it a 'Casual Unemployment payment' (despite receiving it every week for 3 years) and will not pay the Special Rate. My dad has sent the unemployment payment receipts to SUSI but to no avail. I cannot find any reference to reference to 'Casual Unemployment Payment' in SUSI regulations - my understanding of 'casual' would mean from time to time not on a regular basis. Wondering if anyone else is in same situation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

skylady wrote: »
    Hi
    My dad is receiving unemployment assistance for 2 days per week and works 3 days per week and his combined income (social welfare and wages) is less than the required €22703 for Special Rate . He has been receiving the unemployment assistance every week for the last 3 years and has the required 391 days but SUSI title it a 'Casual Unemployment payment' (despite receiving it every week for 3 years) and will not pay the Special Rate. My dad has sent the unemployment payment receipts to SUSI but to no avail. I cannot find any reference to reference to 'Casual Unemployment Payment' in SUSI regulations - my understanding of 'casual' would mean from time to time not on a regular basis. Wondering if anyone else is in same situation.

Your father's allowance must be one of the allowances listed below.

SUSI Website here
    Eligible Long Term Social Welfare Payments
    Social Assistance Payments
    1. Blind Pension.**
    2. Carer’s Allowance.*
    3. One Parent Family Payment.**
    4. Jobseeker’s Allowance Transition.**
    5. Deserted Wife’s Allowance.
    6. Disability Allowance.**
    7. Farm Assist.
    8. Jobseeker’s Allowance (where held for 391 days or more).
    9. State Pension (Non-Contributory).
    10. Guardian’s Payment (Non-Contributory).*
    11. Pre-retirement allowance.
    12. Widow’s, Widower’s or Surviving Civil Partners (Non-Contributory) Pension.
    13. Supplementary Welfare Allowance (where held for 15 consecutive calendar
    months)

Advertisement