Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Delays? Parcel sitting in Dublin 12 mail depot for 7 days.

Options
  • 12-12-2016 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Rang An Post Customer Service on Friday and got through after about half an hour or more trying to ring. My parcel delivered by Royal Mail (daughter's present, only available from the UK) arrived in Dublin 12 Mail depot 4th December.
    I was told it was still sitting in the container for Portlaoise, but hadn't been processed yet. And that 'hopefully' I would get it early this week! I said so there is about a 5 day delay already on parcels and she said, yes. Scary stuff.
    This is not an Addresspal parcel, just a plain old parcel from the UK. The Royal Mail tracking number works in the An Post system.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

This time of year means more work load for the postal service so you should really expect things to be delayed in december every year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

jonnycivic wrote: »
    This time of year means more work load for the postal service so you should really expect things to be delayed in december every year.

A week sitting in a container is ridiculous. Its not like Christmas comes as a surprise to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Black Friday and cyber Monday really didn't help they are completely overloaded and that goes for all delivery companies.

I'm still waiting for stuff bought mid to end of November but know and understand its so busy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I have had parcels come through An Post Dublin in the last week and were delivered on time to Cork. Anything I have had coming in through Nightline or DPD seems to be fine. Nightline driver turned up at 9pm with the delivery. Strange system An Post have to leave stuff sitting for a week, while others go through that have arrived in afterwards. It seems an even stranger decision to take on the DHL deliveries when they are going to put lots more through the system at peak times.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭sadie9

My parcel turned up yesterday! Also my Addresspal stuff that was delivered to Herts in the UK last Thursday 8th, I got a text today to say it's at my Post Office.

• Advertisement
Advertisement