Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving into 5th year in January

Options
  • 12-12-2016 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I currently am in TY and am moving school, however in the new school there is no space in TY so I am being put in 5th year. I am to do all 5th year activities and am allowed to repeat the year, but I honestly don't want to repeat. Personally TY is a waste of time and I just want to get on with my work. Is there any way I can possibly catch up so I don't have to repeat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ryan290200

It's only January. If you work your ass off for like a few months you'll be up to speed come next September , talk with your teachers you may need to do some work over the holidays , but it's absolutely do-able

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hannahpoco1

Thanks I'm just afraid for subjects like maths a lot of the course is already covered and teachers are probably gonna be stressed and won't want to help really, also I'm not guaranteed getting any of the subjects I want but ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I agree with the above posters, as soon as possible ask for a list of all the chapters/topics your classes have covered thus far and start going through them on your own. If you get stuck with anything or can't grasp something ask your teachers before or after class and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help you once they get the chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 banduff12

Honestly I wouldnt even be worried about the early 5th year stuff too much. Be aware of it and look over it and catch up on the neccesary stuff but most people forget the early 5th year stuff before 6th year anyway you usually do revision on it in 6th year. TL;DR you'll be grand.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Get your novels/plays read over the Christmas break.

• Advertisement
Advertisement