Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Case Choices

Options
  • 10-12-2016 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,530 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Trying to decide between some cases for a new build and would be interested to get some of your opinions or experiences with any of them.

My only real requirements are that the case be under €100, able to take an ATX motherboard and be reasonably quiet & compact. Having done a decent bit of research I've whittled my list of potentials down to the ones in this post.

My current no.1 choice would be the Phanteks Eclipse P400s (would love the tempered glass version but don't know if i can wait that long).

However, as much as I like the case I'm still torn between

- The Corsair Carbide 400c
    - The Fractal Design Define C with window
    -The NZXT S340 red or Elite
    or
    If i were to push the boat out a bit and go larger , the Corsair Carbide 600c.

THe Phanteks Enthoo Pro M almost made the list but I've read it only comes with one SSD mount and you've to buy another separately.

Anyone got any recommendations on which of these is better or any great cases that i've left out?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

At the moment I'm torn between the Deifne C and the Evolv ATX.

So, the Define C is about the best option for a compact case. Absolutely no bigger than it needs to be to fit a motherboard, PSU, and slim radiator. I'm amazed someone else hasn't done something like this first. So from your list, that would get my vote.

I mention the Evolv simply because it's my favourite case aesthetically. :P But if the only reason you discounted the Enthoo was because of the SSD mount... Just get some tape or something. Especially if you're going to stick it behind the motherboard, it really doesn't matter how those things are mounted at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The Phanteks wins hands down on looks. The drive bays are all hidden completely from view so as Serephucus said, you can just stick it in anywhere really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,530 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I know it's odd but even though I couldn't see it I still wouldn't like attaching the ssd with tape or velcro...I'd 'know' that it wasn't in a proper caddy.

I really like the looks of the phanteks alright but the define C looks great in an understated way too. Decisions decisions... well i have a bit of time as Amazon's courier damaged my motherboard the day they received it for shipping and so I've to wait till more stock comes in.

Has anyone any experiences with the corsairs? The 400c or 600c? I've never had a corsair case and originally wanted a 240 but it wouldn't take my 1070 so ended up going full ATX.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭ballyargus

I bought a fractal design define case a couple of years ago and haven't looked back since.

It's quiet, foam lined with good removable filters. The bays are well managed. It's also classier looking that those horrible lightshow rigs (I went for one without a panel)

Advertisement