Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any worthwhile shortcut from Bracetown to Naas?

Options
  • 10-12-2016 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Be working the odd day around Bracetown, Clonee and just wondering about an alternative to the dreaded M50 and N7?
    I'll be wanting to get from M9 junction and across to Bracetown back and forth? I've a vague idea you can cut across to Celbridge and there's a few ways over the M7 thereafter. Is this worthwhile at all though? I know what the R roads and towns around north Kildare and west Dublin are like ie clogged with traffic, narrow and dirty thus time of year!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭tnegun

What time would you be traveling? You can go Dunboyne, Maynooth, Clane, Sallins, Naas should do it in under an hour. You could cut out the Clane Sallins leg and go from Maynooth to Straffan then onto back roads to Sallins again it all depends on the time of day as Maynooth can be pretty bad but there are some rat runs

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Dunboyne bypass, edge of Maynooth, pikes bridge, dowdstown, Straffan Road, Straffan - n7 or via clane; both will be crap at that time of day

Bad roads and questionable savings

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

tnegun wrote: »
    What time would you be traveling? You can go Dunboyne, Maynooth, Clane, Sallins, Naas should do it in under an hour. You could cut out the Clane Sallins leg and go from Maynooth to Straffan then onto back roads to Sallins again it all depends on the time of day as Maynooth can be pretty bad but there are some rat runs

No set times so I'll be avoiding peak morning and evening times, hopefully! The time savings hmmm...well it sounds slower tbh! Ah well, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

road_high wrote: »
    No set times so I'll be avoiding peak morning and evening times, hopefully! The time savings hmmm...well it sounds slower tbh! Ah well, thanks.

To be honest, after 9/9:30am most days the M7 inbound/M50 is grand. Busy yes but I rarely find myself held up unless there's an accident or something. If you can do off-peak you'll be fine.

Advertisement