Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question more for the Oulwans

Options
  • 10-12-2016 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

Where in Dublin can I buy a fan? A simple folding handheld fan that I can put in my handbag, and take out to fan myself gracefully with when in hot environments such as the local hostelry - something elegant, that I can use to fan, and click together and hide myself flirtatiously with....

Are there any shops that sell such things? Where?

Thanks ladies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Yes, I've seen these yokes around.....somewhere....now where did I see them? Possibly a vintage clothing shop around Temple Bar or George's Arcade, or the oriental shop in the St. Stephen's Green Centre which sells origami stuff. I know, I'm less than useless to you! :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭puppieperson1

spain

spain

Aw, you think this is a quiz, doncha? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭puppieperson1

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Aw, you think this is a quiz, doncha? :D
    NO I LIVE IN SPAIN AND THEY ARE IN EVERY TOURIST SHOP

• Registered Users Posts: 28,086 ✭✭✭✭looksee

No need to shout, play nice now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

NO I LIVE IN SPAIN AND THEY ARE IN EVERY TOURIST SHOP

Oooooooh!

Where ?

Can we all go and stay with you for the winter while we buy our fans ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Hey Julius. :)
    Though you might occasionally find fans in the shops (second hand, wedding supplies or art/crafts shops) you'll be much more successful if you shop online. A search for paper or silk fans should lead you to a huge source and also to links for making your own. The majority of the pocket fans that I see come from online or homemade. A few pop up craft shops used sell them at burlesque shows. I'll ask and see if any are still around though they tended to be a bit pricey as they are bespoke. Seriously easy to make yourself truth be told.

On the other hand if you are looking for a giant pair of feather performance fans we should talk. ;)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Where in Dublin can I buy a fan? A simple folding handheld fan that I can put in my handbag, and take out to fan myself gracefully with when in hot environments such as the local hostelry - something elegant, that I can use to fan, and click together and hide myself flirtatiously with....

Are there any shops that sell such things? Where?

Thanks ladies.

I spent a good hour in a fan shop in Spain last Summer. Apparently there is a marking that goes on the official Spanish fans, which are hand painted- they also come with a certificate.

The more intricate the pattern, and the more pattern there is, the more expensive it is. I saw some beautiful fans but with prices to match. I ended up with one around 45 euro, but could have spent a lot more.

You can see the difference between mass-produced fans and the handmade/hand painted ones, so worth holding out for a good handmade one.

Link here might help but I cannot vouch for the website:

http://www.artiamano.com/en/6-hand-fans-and-castanets-handmade

They're gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I am a fan. :D

• Advertisement

Rubecula wrote: »
    I am a fan. :D

:rolleyes:

:D