Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3D Animation course in Dundalk IT or in Pulse?

• 09-12-2016 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello All,

I'm taking a 1 year career break to move away from the big bold corporate world and attempting to get back to the technology world that always interested me!
    With that in mind I enrolled on a one year part time Springboard animation course in 3D Animation in Dundalk.

The course is very fast paced and requires a lot of self learning, which I don't mind since I actually love it!!
    But....
    I'm from Dublin and the course is just 2 days per week!
    I'm starting to see results in my modest 3D animations and I'm ready for more...more directed teaching, more learning, more training days!!

I was considering enrolling into Pulse as I also have an education grant that would pay for year one of the 2 full time years of Diploma in Animation.

Is that a good move or not so much? Can someone give me any feedback on doing 3D Animation at Pulse College?

THANK YOU!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 Antonio Blanco

Hello NoShades

My name is Antonio and I´m a student in Pulse College, in the 2nd year of full time advanced diploma in animation course. One of the college directors asked me to reply to your post, since I can give you feedback from a student perspective. I´m glad you are thinking about joining us!

Basically, what this college offers us is everything we need for industry, from software (Maya, Mudbox, 3DS Max, etc) to sculpt modelling, proper retopology workflow, low-mid-high poly uses, and of course principles and uses of animation in the industry. We even had 2D animation in After Effects the first year! The college provides all the materials and licenses needed to our work, and classes are always open for those who want to spend time working in personal projects.

Classes are not designed for a big amount of people, for example we are only 4 people in my class, and only 5 or 6 in first year, which is really good because teachers can spend much more time on each specific student. Also we work very close to people from the games diploma, if animation for games is what you are interested in.

I think that was a good quick resume of what we do here! You could come to see the college by yourself on one of the open days. You can find the dates in Pulse College web page, where you also can contact one of the teachers for more questions if you wanted so.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NoShades

Thank You for your reply Antonio and apologies for the big delay in replying to your post. I was mad busy before Christmas and then went away.

Thank you, Pulse sounds good. Only a few people in the class is good too.

I'll probably drop by to see the classes.

Take care and thanks again

Advertisement