Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fire Setting/violent/harming teen

• 09-12-2016 4:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭

I know someone at end of tether with her teen daughter - she will not be allowed back to school as she jumped through a top storey window in a class argument, she is burning sweet wrappers, tayto bags in her room - totally defiant but looks like a little wee angel. Her mother is seriously heading for a breakdown - has kids from 2 partners but now on her own, the daughter went to kick her mother down the stairs yesterday. Guards have been called often in last while, social services won't meet her even though she has rang several times. Anyone any suggestions who to contact that can offer solutions... Thanks ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I believe Barnardos offer a service for parenting.I know of someone with a younger (8/9 year old) child who used it,it could be an option.If not, they may have other suggestions as to where the mother could go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lorsgirls

Having similar problems with my own daughter. Was at the end of my tether. Took her to the gp out of desperation, she had referred her for full psychological assessment but in the meantime recommended the Jigsaw service for my daughter and a family counselling service for us all. We've had one session with the family counsellor so far and my daughters first appointment with Jigsaw is today. She is also seeing school counsellor. Strongly advice reaching out for outside help, only sorry we didn't to it sooner. Already feel like my load has been lightened in trying to deal with her.

Advertisement