Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100% Non elastic socks

Options
  • 08-12-2016 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Posting this here as might be someone that has diabetes and as found a good solution.

I'm tried loads of, soft top, non elastic, etc etc socks in my search for a pair that would leave no marks on my ankles but to no avail.

Is there anything available out there, doesn't have to be full size, even ankle size socks.

thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

My elderly mother has problems with socks leaving marks on her ankles and someone told her to just cut off the ribbed top. It works a treat - they don't fall apart as you'd expect them to. They do roll back a tiny bit so if you're doing this, make sure you buy socks that come up high enough to allow for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

thanks I'll give that a try, do you know what type your mother uses in case that makes a difference, cotton, nylon or a mixture etc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

She's done it with all her socks, so I'd say it's a mix of all sorts.

Advertisement