Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe food . ie adverts

Options
  • 08-12-2016 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Safe food . Ie have a very strong advert campaign ongoing for a long time. It is in relation to cleaning your chopping board and not washing your chicken if you are over 65.

Not only is the ad grossly patronising to the over 65s but I also think it is a gross waste of money.
    How many people in Ireland died last year from gastroenteritis? ZERO!
    What percentage of hospital beds are taken up by people with gastro? Very very small percentage.

I would far prefer see a advert campaign run by safe food .ie in relation to everyday healthy food and cutting out junk food etc , foods that drive obesity heart disease and diabetes....

Is safe food funded by taxpayers money?
    I feel that food poisoning while unpleasant, is not the scourge of our time and I think these ads are a total waste of resources.
    What do others think of this?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Sounds to me like the advert is effective if there have been no deaths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

What do I think?

All joking aside....I think people will complain about absolutely anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I Like Cake

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Jaysus all these adverts. How can you watch TV like that? Turn of the telly, problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Does the chicken have to be dead or alive when you wash it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

uch wrote: »
    I Like Cake

You started early today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

I remember the ad they did about 12 years ago measuring teenage girls waists

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Link? For science.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭paulbok

with your username, I bet you did :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

People can die from Salmonella, though. A friend shared a Facebook post warning about washing raw chicken. She and people who commented had never heard of it causing problems.
    They also have the Don't Wash Chicken ads in America.

Gastro Enteritis isn't food poisoning. Food poisoning is what you can get from raw meat and poultry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

The fecking PC brigade are taking over OP. It's a disgrace.

Advertisement