Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pumpkin Patch closing down 50% off everything

Options
  • 08-12-2016 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭

MOD EDIT: Please read this entire thread before ordering as there is risks to do with
    • Where it ships from (maybe New Zealand so delays and possibly customs, althought there shouldnt be on Kids clothes)
    • Refunds
    • Fulfilment

END MOD EDIT

http://www.pumpkinpatch.ie/
    good news for bargain hunters
    bad news for staff who wont be paid
    Pumpkin patch just closed their shops in Ireland without notice to their staff and without paying them the money that was owed to them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

http://www.pumpkinpatch.ie/
    good news for bargain hunters
    bad news for staff who wont be paid
    Pumpkin patch just closed their shops in Ireland without notice to their staff and without paying them the money that was owed to them

Bargain or not, they wouldn't get a single cent off me for that carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Looks like the Irish staff got their money after a sit-in:

http://www.thejournal.ie/pumpkin-patch-sit-in-3117182-Dec2016/

If they're in liquidation, is there a chance that they can't honour any online orders and refuse refunds?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

The banner on the website says no refunds which is illegal but they do at least clarify it in their updated terms and conditions as follows
    We are now in a clearance sale. All of our product is being offered for sale at significantly discounted prices. As such, the Receivers advise that they are unable to provide any exchanges, returns, refunds or credits except to the extent specifically required by any statute.

It is the liquidator who is running the sale now and not the original company so there is no fear of not getting any goods you order and not getting a refund. If you want to be doubly safe pay by credit card and you can do a charge back if anything goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,431 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It's shipping from New Zealand . So you'll pay handling charges and tax and duty!!which i imagine is illegal as they would have to be registered for VAT in Ireland after doing over 75k this year.

Did they always ship from there? If not then it should be more than 50% off as the original price would have included taxes.

Actually it's not clear where it ships from

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭RayCon

Sounds like a mess .... no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,999 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Probably wouldn't even arrive before Christmas if it's coming from New Zealand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

ted1 wrote: »
    Actually it's not clear where it ships from

I may be wrong but isnt kids clothes exempt from import duty?

DeadParrot wrote: »
    I may be wrong but isnt kids clothes exempt from import duty?

Yep your right

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vat/rates/decision-detail-02851.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,040 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Updated the OP, don't really like interfering with posts that aren't breaking rules but I think there is significant risks with placing an order here and just wanted people to be aware

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

i dont trust them. i ordered from them, took 4 weeks to get here, the clothes were thin, so sent back to their dublin address, 4 weeks later they are telling me they still havent received it. i made the mistake of just posting as per their envelope included and didnt register.

im glad they are gone. they are not helpful, although they had good clothes at one stage, they were not nice people to deal with.

good riddance to the company, and im glad, as i see how they are treating their staff.

Advertisement