Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Jumpers

Options
  • 07-12-2016 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

It's that time of the bastard year again when these bad boys make their annual appearance, dividing comrades and family members alike. Time for everyone to get worked up and pick a side or, alternatively, just keep living your life in moderate indifference. Discuss.

Poll is private.

What do you think of Christmas Jumpers 41 votes

They are the apparel of unoriginal w*ankers
    0% 0 votes
    They are a bit of festive fun and Christmas craic
    41% 17 votes
    I couldn't give an Atari Jaguar either way
    58% 24 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Poll is very private alright!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I usually feel like jumping after a few days in front of Christmas telly...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

No Death Penalty option for me to vote for.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

osarusan wrote: »
    No Death Penalty option for me to vote for.

Do you mean for yourself or the people wearing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Was going to buy a Christmas jumper with two reindeer shagging on the front but changed my mind because it was to f**king deer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Christmas jumpers are a bit of crack. Get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

They are a bit of fun, but SO warm when wearing them. That's my only complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Omackeral wrote: »
    Do you mean for yourself or the people wearing them?

For the people wearing them.

Including myself, if I ever sink that low in the craic and banter stakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Don't have any strong feelings about them unless I'm in a pub and a group of them arrive. In that context, historically they've always been the apparel of people who annoy and/or grope me.

I have one for Christmas day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

I had looked at buying one to wear over Christmas just for a bit fun at home but the garments themselves were horrible poorly made polyester monstrosities I put them back. They must be very uncomfortable to wear?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

A good friend of my husband's wore one on a night out at Christmas before. Ive always thought that he looked like someone but i could never place who it was but with the jumper on, it was so obvious. It was Alan Partridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

How very festive Macky :)

I don't mind them. I actually prefer the Christmas dresses though with Santa's head printed all over them or the ones with the snowmen. I might get one if I have the chance. The blonde woman on TLLTS had one on in red, it was lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Ah they're a bit a fun. I'd always nip into penneys and pick one up for the festivities. My mam posts me one over now. Bit of innocent fun.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I've no objection to other people wearing them as long as it doesn't turn them into an annoying tit, but it'll be a warm day in Santa's Grotto before you'd ever see me wearing one. That said, I don't wear regular jumpers either, so I'm not specifically discriminating against the festive kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I have a lovely shirt with santas all over!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Zaph wrote: »
    I've no objection to other people wearing them as long as it doesn't turn them into an annoying tit, but it'll be a warm day in Santa's Grotto before you'd ever see me wearing one. That said, I don't wear regular jumpers either, so I'm not specifically discriminating against the festive kind.

You've got it backwards, you wear them on cold days :p

Not really for me but if some people get a kick out of wearing them then good for them.

Advertisement