Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-flow strikes again!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

So what did the judge think of his receipts and evidence at the trial? I'm going to assume their is some information that Simon is not being upfront about.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,025 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

"He recently purchased the car from his girlfriend’s, mother’s partner and insists that there were no outstanding charges on the car."

:rolleyes:

You know well that there's large Eurasia sized facts missing from his tale.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

You know well that there's large Eurasia sized facts missing from his tale.
    There always are in these cases. You don't get to the stage of getting your car seized without several acres of rainforest worth of letters dropping through your letterbox, and ignoring them, hoping they'll just go away. Always a side sob-story as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Your man and his girlfriend's mother were on Joe Duffy, both innocent victims of bureaucratic incompetence - yeah and neither of them got a single letter about the arrears.

So maybe the letters went to the wrong address - oh wait, then how did the sheriff know which house to go to, to seize the car?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

coylemj wrote: »
    The girlfriend's mother was on Joe Duffy, an innocent victim of bureaucratic incompetence - yeah and she didn't get a single letter about the arrears.

Not one?

My OH and I went through a phase last year where due to my debit card being reissued our account went into arrears.

I'm not joking you our volume of post increased 500% over the weeks following.

Though maybe they never changed the address on the car and the post went to the wrong house?

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Though maybe they never changed the address on the car and the post went to the wrong house?

So how did the sheriff know where to go to seize the car?

The current and previous owners were (respectively) the guy and his girlfriend's mother - one of them had to be the registered owner during all or most of this saga, why did nobody get a letter demanding payment?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

coylemj wrote: »
    So how did the sheriff know where to go to seize the car?

The current and previous owners were (respectively) the guy and his girlfriend's mother - one of them had to be the registered owner during all or most of this saga, why did nobody get a letter demanding payment?

Fair point

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Did someone think an ownership change reset these arrears like it does for motor tax, I wonder.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Mortpourvelo

Read that story - if someone told me Shergar was really Santy and Elvis was Mrs Claus, I'd have believed that easier than the story in the OP!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

L1011 wrote: »
    Did someone think an ownership change reset these arrears like it does for motor tax, I wonder.

Although I'm unsure if that's what happened here, considering I don't recall reading how long they've had the astra. In that scenario, if I bought a car off you, why would I be responsible for any toll fee's you had not paid for, prior to my ownership of the vehicle?

• Advertisement

Although I'm unsure if that's what happened here, considering I don't recall reading how long they've had the astra. In that scenario, if I bought a car off you, why would I be responsible for any toll fee's you had not paid for, prior to my ownership of the vehicle?

Because if you had unpaid HP and you bought the car, you're liable for that.

Any car loans - that's you too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Because if you had unpaid HP and you bought the car, you're liable for that.

But that's not what happened here.

If the girlfriend's mother had bought it from someone who sold the car with a string of unpaid tolls, they had plenty of opportunity to say that to the Indo and/or Joe Duffy, they didn't. Moreover, the guy insisted that there was no tolls outstanding when he bought the car from her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Definitely more to this lad's story than in the article.
    In that scenario, if I bought a car off you, why would I be responsible for any toll fee's you had not paid for, prior to my ownership of the vehicle?

I deal with E-Flow regularly for fines relating to previous owners, if you can provide proof of transfer of ownership predating the fines they pursue the previous owner.
    ]Because if you had unpaid HP and you bought the car, you're liable for that.

Not quite true, you wouldn't be legally liable for any uncleared finance...but you wouldn't own the car though and ponying up yourself might be the only option to hang on to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

maximoose wrote: »
    Definitely more to this lad's story than in the article.

My theory would be,

Care is owned by him and registered to the wrong address.
    Multiple trips/fines are racked up on the M50.
    He doesn't pay his motor tax, does the old sell and buy the car trick to clear the tax owed.
    Eflow bills then land on his doorstep.
    Ignores them, ignores the court summons.
    Goes to the "Joe" with a sob story after the sheriff takes the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I actually listened to this guy when he was on Liveline.

He hemmed and hawed through the entire story like he didn't want to give up too much detail lest he reveal whatever bull**** scam he was trying to pull.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Should Thread title not be changed to Idiot gets caught?

Should Thread title not be changed to Idiot gets caught?

If there's no character limit, go with:

"Idiot got caught and tried to weasel out of fines by whining to aul Joe"

Advertisement