Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV & Broadband package- how to get it cheaper?

Options
  • 07-12-2016 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hiya,

So, our bills for Sky have been quite expensive and I'm just wondering has any one here had any luck getting cheaper packages from them?
    People have told me just to ring them and saying we're leaving them and see what they do.
    I mean, they're giving away free 32" TVs to new customers yet they're not rewarding customer loyalty like that.

Anyways, anybody have experience how to come around their customer service team to your advantage? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,414 ✭✭✭irishgeo

nirzenra wrote: »
    Hiya,

So, our bills for Sky have been quite expensive and I'm just wondering has any one here had any luck getting cheaper packages from them?
    People have told me just to ring them and saying we're leaving them and see what they do.
    I mean, they're giving away free 32" TVs to new customers yet they're not rewarding customer loyalty like that.

Anyways, anybody have experience how to come around their customer service team to your advantage? :)

say you afford to pay it, you might get a reduction for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭winston_1

Hiya,

It's called a once only loss leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Hiya,

You call and cancel. You don't threaten to cancel. Most of the time they will offer you something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I rang Sky last week looking for a reduction since that I have Phone & Broadband and an Entertainment package with them.

After 40 minutes on the phone The only option I was given was to downgrade to the basic entertainment package. And that they don't do discounts for those who have Phone and Tv.

I told them Eir and Virgin do deals and I was told that existing customers get nothing.

Just goes to show how well they treat Irish customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Did you cancel after they told you that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

lertsnim wrote: »
    Did you cancel after they told you that?

I can't cancel because the other half would divorce me ;)

Even if I called there bluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

mikeym wrote: »
    I can't cancel because the other half would divorce me ;)

Even if I called there bluff.

You have to be willing to go through with the cancellation. Chances are they'll contact you and offer you a deal to stay with them.

Advertisement