Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a mobile phone headset with a landline

Options
  • 07-12-2016 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭

Okay,
    Maybe not a home appliance but lets see:).

Want to use a mobile phone headset, c/w microphone, with a landline, ideally with a cordless one but if it has to be with a corded one so be it.

I know I can go hands-free but need to be able to type and talk at the same time

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

Probably a better chance of getting a reply here, or in mobile phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

So basically you're looking for a headset that plugs into a landline handset.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

colm_mcm wrote: »
    So basically you're looking for a headset that plugs into a landline handset.

DB, thanks for moving it.

Colm, I have a set of noise cancelling headphones which I use to great effect on my android mobile, so I am looking for a landline handset to plug the headphones into and bypass the handset once the call is established

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think cordless dect phones usually have a 2.5mm rather than 3.5mm socket if at all.

BT Diverse 7410 might be worth a look.

Plantronics make good headsets. A lot of call centres use them. They do a range with 2.5mm plug.

Thanks, will explore, even if it means adding a custom headset with the RJ(11 or 38 or whatever) connection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

A quick google popped up this http://r.ebay.com/NZBHAP
    Might be worth a shot for the price

PPC wrote: »
    A quick google popped up this http://r.ebay.com/NZBHAP
    Might be worth a shot for the price

Thank you!
    As the noise cancelling headset has a combined mic and speaker in the one 3.5mm jack I will need to either try split it or buy a twin jack headset.

Thanks again.

I have ordered a few at that price.

Advertisement