Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€0.01 for Coffee in Sprout Dawson Street via Android Pay

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

The offer is now in over a dozen coffee shops in Dublin, Galway and Cork.

Click on the image in this tweet to see the full list of coffee shops.

Although the signs says AIB, the offer also works with KBC Android Pay linked cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Szero

The offer is up to 2 free coffees per day until Friday. So for 2 cent you can ask for 2 coffees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

No way of using this if your with TSB?

No way of using this if your with TSB?

No, as things currently stand only 2 Irish banks support Android Pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭Nollog

Shouldve partnered with one of the big coffee franchises and tried to make it nationwide.

Doesn't matter to me anyway as I'm rooted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Don't aib charge 20c per transaction if you don't keep €2,500 in your current account at all times?

Still 21c for a 3fe coffee is not to be snubbed at.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Bank of Ireland involved in this yet?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Tyson Fury wrote: »

Nope, maybe in ten years time if you're lucky.

Tyson Fury wrote: »

3 posts up it mentions which banks are involved in Android pay. BOI are still in the stone age when it comes to technology so I wouldn't expect it any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Don't aib charge 20c per transaction if you don't keep €2,500 in your current account at all times?

Still 21c for a 3fe coffee is not to be snubbed at.

not for contactless transactions (which this is counted as).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

If I use Android Pay with my KBC account will they know? Does it have to be AIB?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

If I use Android Pay with my KBC account will they know? Does it have to be AIB?

I'm going to go over after work and I'll try with KBC just out of curiosity. I've AIB as well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭browne_rob5

NikoTopps wrote: »
    I'm going to go over after work and I'll try with KBC just out of curiosity. I've AIB as well though.

They didn't check which bank I was with so don't think you'll have any problem.

The offer applies to KBC customers as well as AIB customers.

loyatemu wrote: »

Must look back at my quarterly fee statement so, could have sworn I've been charged for contactless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Went to Cracked Nut and the android system wasn't working!!! Luckily Network down road was.:)

got my 1c coffee in the place on Talbot Street, but the app thinks I went to the café across the road.

also, I have the "Smart Unlock" app on my phone which keeps the phone unlocked when I'm connected to my home or office wifi (some version of Android have this functionality built-in). Android pay didn't like this and deleted my card, telling me I had to lock my phone properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Got two more cups of coffee in Legit today. He put them through simultaneously, so there doesn't seem to be any issue with buying a coffee for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

loyatemu wrote: »

Be aware that this applies only until Feb 24th 2017.
    https://aib.ie/help-and-guidance/aib-debit-card-faqs

The AIB exception on charges for contactless transactions has been extended in the past. A further extension is possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

The 1c coffee promo works fine with KBC card btw. Tried it not too long ago and the coffee was good too!

that date keeps getting postponed - if they want people to start using contactless instead of cash I don't see how they can charge nearly 2% fee for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

3 posts up it mentions which banks are involved in Android pay. BOI are still in the stone age when it comes to technology so I wouldn't expect it any time soon.

AIB are still using that gammy card reader so I wouldn't be singing their praises too much.

Caliden wrote: »
    AIB are still using that gammy card reader so I wouldn't be singing their praises too much.

That reader sucks but it's rare I need the card reader as opposed to using android pay every day if I had an android phone.

Advertisement