Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smithwicks taste has changed

• 06-12-2016 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Recently (summet 2016) Smithwicks (Red Ale) did a redesign for their production.
    I'm ok with that.

But I also noticed that the taste changed dramatically.
    Now it doesn't feel like a good drink for me.

If you tried Smithwicks from the redesigned can, have you noticed the same?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I doubt that they've changed it. Even when they moved breweries in 2013 I doubt that they changed it. In what, dramatic, way is it tasting different?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I remember Smithwicks tasting more bitter years ago, but I would guess that it's my tastebuds that have changed and my tolerance of bitterness has gone way up.

It's not a great beer though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,272 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Unless it now tastes great then id be hard pushed to notice any difference, more bland maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭voz es

Patww79 wrote: »
    Mass produced, macro, piss, etc etc.

You're not allowed like Smithwicks any more OP, so it doesn't matter what it tastes like.

I hate the redesign of the tin. its bloody rank. Smithwicks is a grand smooth pint , and grand out of a tin.
    I hope they're not messing around with taste it in a desperate attempt to attract the Indy beer folks.
    If I was Diageo I would be trying to design small Guinness capsules that would be sold in bags of 8, leaving the consumer the option too make a nice pint of special at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,249 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Have you noticed any different in the taste of a pint of it on draught?

If there's no difference there, but you think there's a difference from the can, could be something to do with the change in the canning process?
    Beverages from cans v other containers to me taste different, or maybe one is just colder than the other - even soft drinks.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement