Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange animal walking on military road last night

Options
  • 06-12-2016 9:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭

THIS IS NOT A HOAX OR TROLLING

I was driving down the military road in the dublin mountains last night because i needed to get through the mountain to get to glendalough for a meeting with some friends and i saw a cat-like creature about 60 cm in height looking at me. I could see its eyes glowing in the dark. It was about 1145 pm and it was very dark, so i didnt get a good look at it. I took a photo of it but it was useless, you cant see it, i can make it out slightly but nobody else can. It had small spots all over it and when i beeped at it, it opened its mouth and hissed like a cat at me. I could see this with the headlights. It had fairly large teeth. It then sprinted off into the night.

I am extremely baffled and tbh worried about this. I presume that it is an exotic pet if some sorts as big cats aren't in Ireland, but I contacted the mountain park and wildlife services and they said they are looking into it but to no avail.

I don't know the area that well, i had just finished up at rte so I don't know.

What was that animal?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement