Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing sd card

Options
  • 06-12-2016 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭

Hi I bought an sd card from a UK seller. The envelope got delivered today but there was no sd card inside. There was a small slice on side of envelope and on pouch that sd card sits in. So obviously someone robbed it. I've contacted the seller and they said to open a claim against royal mail. But if the seller had used a more secure form of posting then I wouldn't have this problem. I played by PayPal. I've asked seller for a refund or post it again. What more can I do. Don't really want to try claiming from royal mail. Looked online at what I need to do and it's a lot of agro.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Was it a reputable site you got the card off? Just that the spidey sense is tingling as it sounds like a textbook scam. (That the seller might have put the slit there themselves and then are leading you on a chase by giving the excuse that someone nicked it!)
    Looked online at what I need to do and it's a lot of agro.

Might be the only thing you can do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Yeah I bought it off eBay UK. Seller has good rating etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

hadepsx wrote: »
    Yeah I bought it off eBay UK. Seller has good rating etc.

You could try and escalate it to eBay themselves?

http://resolutioncentre.ebay.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's the sellers responsibility to claim, not yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Hi I bought an sd card from a UK seller. The envelope got delivered today but there was no sd card inside. There was a small slice on side of envelope and on pouch that sd card sits in. So obviously someone robbed it. I've contacted the seller and they said to open a claim against royal mail. But if the seller had used a more secure form of posting then I wouldn't have this problem. I played by PayPal. I've asked seller for a refund or post it again. What more can I do. Don't really want to try claiming from royal mail. Looked online at what I need to do and it's a lot of agro.

This happens with the new sorting machines, any envelopes with cards or other bulky contents(credit cards etc) can get clogged in the machines and the rollers that push the mail through wears away the edges of the affected envelopes leaving a slit along the edge and as it is on the bottom then anything loose in the envelope falls out.

You might get somewhere contacting An Post about it as the card would be on the floor under the machines but they won't know who owns whatever is found there until people start to claim items.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,235 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

foggy_lad wrote: »
    This happens with the new sorting machines, any envelopes with cards or other bulky contents(credit cards etc) can get clogged in the machines and the rollers that push the mail through wears away the edges of the affected envelopes leaving a slit along the edge and as it is on the bottom then anything loose in the envelope falls out.

You might get somewhere contacting An Post about it as the card would be on the floor under the machines but they won't know who owns whatever is found there until people start to claim items.

If the pouch inside the envelope had not also been slit then i would agree that the above is a possibility. But given the slit inside as well then it looks more like theft. Either way it isnt the OPs fault and they need to open a case with eBay

If the pouch inside the envelope had not also been slit then i would agree that the above is a possibility. But given the slit inside as well then it looks more like theft. Either way it isnt the OPs fault and they need to open a case with eBay

I had to open a case against the seller last night, and amazingly this morning, the seller agreed to resend the sd card. So I've closed the case, but if I get no delivery, the seller will be in trouble. Thanks for all the comments btw. Very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,235 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I had to open a case against the seller last night, and amazingly this morning, the seller agreed to resend the sd card. So I've closed the case, but if I get no delivery, the seller will be in trouble. Thanks for all the comments btw. Very helpful.

you shouldnt have closed the case. you leave it open until you receive the resent item. I dont think you can reopen a closed case though i stand to be corrected on that.

you shouldnt have closed the case. you leave it open until you receive the resent item. I dont think you can reopen a closed case though i stand to be corrected on that.

You are probably correct but I'll wait and see, if no delivery then I'll open another dispute. And cancel the corresponding PayPal payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You cannot open another case on the same product as far as I know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement