Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer PS Plus account

Options
  • 06-12-2016 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,

I used to have a PS Plus Portuguese account on my PS3 and downloaded a bunch of games. In the mean time, I came to live in Ireland and I bought a PS4, along with another Account ID to access Irish Store (I was not able to switch countries with my previous account ID). Last month, my PS Plus subscription expired and now I want to subscribe on my new account, on my new console. Here's the question: Is there any way I can transfer the content I bought throughout last 3 years to the new one? If I simply login on my PS3 with my new account, will it "see" the content? I'm the same person, different country :)

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You can use the foreign account on the PS3 as long as it's the primary PS3 associated with that account. You won't be able to transfer content.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ricadao

I understand but I don't want to subscribe to anything on previous account, I created one with my new PS4 (Ireland account) and I was wondering if I could use it on PS3 and use the content I downloaded while ago.

I suppose I can't, from your words.

this country restriction on accounts is a mess, I can't see the point why Sony did it

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

ricadao wrote: »
    I understand but I don't want to subscribe to anything on previous account, I created one with my new PS4 (Ireland account) and I was wondering if I could use it on PS3 and use the content I downloaded while ago.

I suppose I can't, from your words.

this country restriction on accounts is a mess, I can't see the point why Sony did it
    Cant you just log into the Portugese account and then you should be able to download the games from that account but you can play the games through your Irish account?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Cant you just log into the Portugese account and then you should be able to download the games from that account but you can play the games through your Irish account?

You can do that but the PS Plus games on the Portuguese account won't work unless you pay for PS Plus on that account.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

chrislad wrote: »
    You can do that but the PS Plus games on the Portuguese account won't work unless you pay for PS Plus on that account.

Ah Of course! only solution is to buy the ps plus for the portugese account then.. shame really..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 ricadao

brilliant! That will do the trick. My concern was if I would be able to download PS4 games through my Portuguese account (with active subscription to PS Plus), then login with my new account ID and play them. I will assume I can, from what I read here

Thank you everyone

Advertisement