Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteering - for non eu citizen

Options
  • 06-12-2016 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi Guys,

I have a girlfriend who would like to come to Ireland to volunteer for a full time position.
    She would have to get the position accepted first and then apply for the lay volunteer visa.

My question is - do you guys know any organizations that accept non eu citizens to come to Ireland on a volunteering basis?

Many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Never heard of this before. I read up on it there and it would all depend on the type of work she wants to do. Realistically an organisation is only going to go to the hassle of all that visa stuff if your girlfriend can do something that an EU citizen can't - like speak a certain language. If you give us more information on what kind of work she wants to do and what skills she has we might be able to suggest somewhere.

Advertisement