Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best PC Game (Download Only - No Boxed Retail Version)

Options
  • 05-12-2016 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,459 ✭✭✭✭

Rules
    - No more than 3 Nominations per person, please.
    - This is for the Best PC Game (Download Only - No boxed release!) in 2016.
    - Must apply to a game that was released on or after January 1st 2016 (search for the game on http://www.gamefaqs.com and look at the "Release Data" menu item for a release date).
    - Top 6-8 will go forward for the Vote (exact number dependent on number of nominations received).
    - This is the first group of nominations (out of 3 groups). The survey for voting will be up after the 3rd group has closed.
    - Not sure if it's retail or download-only? Look it up on Amazon (.com or .co.uk) - if it has a boxed PC release, it's retail (and doesn't qualify for this category)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Stardew Valley
    The Witness
    Gears of War 4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Witness
    Quadrilateral Cowboy
    Stephen's Sausage Roll

(**** this category, insane amount of worthy candidates)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Salt and Sanctuary
    Stardew Valley
    Superhot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

**Removing my vote** apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,459 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The group is Download only, Sean. All those games were available in retail (doom and overwatch anyway?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Mr E wrote: »
    The group is Download only, Sean. All those games were available in retail.

I honestly don't know which ones have been available in shops and which haven't. I've not gone into a game store in 3 years.

I assumed Hitman being episodic wasn't released in Physical format.
    The other lads have listed Gears of War 4, Overwatch and Dark Souls 3. Were they not retail ?

(Kind of why I suggested maybe having both as Retail/Download for PC as 1 section.)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,459 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I don't agree. So many great indie games came out this year and they'd be drowned out by the likes of Doom and Dishonored 2 if both categories were combined.

If any category NEEDS the distinction between retail and download only, it's PC.

I've added some helpful links to the OP. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,566 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Golf with your Friends
    Enter the Gungeon
    Inside

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Stardew Valley
    Hyper light drifter
    Inside

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Earth Defence Force 4.1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Stardew Valley
    Firewatch
    Oxenfree

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement